Slow slow morning make me smile just thinking about them. Ok, that’s not hard to do.
Slow mornings are my favorite verb, hobby and practice that keeps me grounded and chasing after my dreams. It’s where my mind runs rampant while the world is so still. Ughhh, I just crave it always.
Give me iced coffee with a splash of almond milk and a straw, a huge blanket, fresh air, a book and my Bible and I’m so content. For hours. My mornings could really be endless if my stomach didn’t rumble for a big breakfast. And I hit my max of too little social interaction. Annnd then it’s not morning anymore and the blissfulness has lost its charm.
Here is my mind. In 11 random thoughts. During a slow morning.
1. I’ve always looked to Pinterest for cute phone lock screen prints but I just made my own and it’s way more meaningful. I wanted one of my grandpa’s most well-known sayings as a constant reminder so I threw it together on Canva. “If you don’t believe in yourself, it’s probably unanimous.”
2. :20-:24 of this song has been stuck in my mind for the past three-ish weeks. I sing it every day with a 14.3% accuracy that it’s actually Friday. I’ll take that odd!
3. Did you know that your body actually metabolizes food better when you are enjoying it? THE BODY IS THE COOLEST! So when you’re at a restaurant and someone makes a comment about how their food is so indulgent and how they’re glad they didn’t eat all day to “save their calories” for this meal, just know that they won’t be digesting that dish well as well as they could if they found their meal to be pleasurable. Never ever eat food you don’t like…unless it’s a social setting and it would be rude not to give it a try!
4. I’m allll for the classiness of one-piece swim suits. The kinds without 18 cutouts. This 9:30 AHHMAZING video dives into the history of the female swimsuit and showcases how one-pieces scientifically shift the focus to a woman’s personality and character, not her body. PS, Jessica Rey who gives the talk was the yellow power ranger 🙂 I ordered this watermelon print one and love it!!
5. My sister’s fiancé just interrupted this slow morning (in the best way!) to show me his suit for their wedding in four months!! I followed that up by a sprouted bagel with cream cheese, avocado, smoked salmon and everything bagel seasoning. DIVINE.
6. I’ve been talking to a lot of friends about how social media is just becoming (and has been) blehhh. My sister and I have both noticed that a lot of our friends post things that they supposedly “love” when we really know the true story behind it and we wouldn’t call that love at all. She was even telling me that one of her friends writes up the paragraph long captions for her boyfriend to post along with Instagram pics of them two. I usually just approach social media with a light heart but I’m now limiting time spent in that space.
7. I want to make these pop tarts. I think pop tarts are on the mind because my church’s pastor mentioned them in his homily yesterday haaa.
8. I just got this and this book from the library and ordered this and this book from Amazon (thank you much, graduation gift card!). I’ve never been more excited about my future so I’m soaking up all of the resources to fuel that fire!
9. As we’ve grown up, my older sister and I are becoming more and more alike. She didn’t want a bachelorette party because she is laid back and has no intentions of not being able to remember it. I started suggesting ideas and now, I’m planning a trip to a vineyard. Gahhh. Stoked!!
10. I discovered my absolute favorite coffee shop in existence!!! It’s a 25 minute drive for me but so worth the almost hour in the car to and from. Pro trip: go in the afternoon when it’s less busy to talk to the baristas without folks behind you getting annoyed. After interning for Yelp, chatting with the people behind a business about their products and life makes my day! Every single time.
11. Whenever my fam goes out for ice cream (looking at you, last night’s Father’s Day celebration!), I always analyze the customers around us because they try not to stare and hold back their laughter. I say this because I’m beyond fortunate to have a family who is unapologetically themselves without any filters when it comes to our originality.
Cheers Cones up to strangers overhearing our odd conversations!