Do you want to know what Zac Brown and I have in common? We both have a mole on our bottom lash line of our right eye. Do you want to know what Sarah Jessica Parker and I have in common? Our favorite ice cream flavor is Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chip.
Talenti’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookie stole my entire ice cream heart this past weekend but that technically falls under the gelato category. The commonality between me, SJP and 72% of the population that has tasted this divineness still prevails! If Carrie Bradshaw gives it the stamp of approval, then you can to…in your pancakes!
After having leftover raspberries from the muffins I featured here and leftover zucchini from these cookies, I thought of this creation! This may or may not have inspired me to start a series of pancake recipes based off of ice cream flavors. Be on the lookout, my sweet friends.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ripe banana (the spottier, the sweeter, the better)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 zucchini
- 1/8 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (you can use regular)
- 1/2 tsp. stevia (or the sugar of your choosing)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (chunks were cheaper at the store this week)
- almost 1 cup raspberries (I used frozen, you do you)
- coconut oil spray
- splashes of almond milk
What you’ll need to do:
- Cut the end of the zucchini, grate it and wring the water out with a paper towel
- Mash the banana
- In a mixing bowl, combine grated zucchini, mashed banana, 1/2 cup of the raspberries, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, baking soda and oat flour
- Add a splash of almond milk to thin it out and stir ingredients until well mixed
- Spray coconut oil on skillet
- Cook pancakes! On your tip toes. Naturally.
- For the raspberry sauce, combine 1/3 cup raspberries, stevia and a bit of almond milk into a blender
- Blend until liquid
- Enjoy your Graeter’s at home!!
This recipe makes about three servings. I ate two pancakes in the process so those didn’t make it onto this pleasant plated stack. Check out that chocolate drip on pancake #2. Swoon.
My friend’s boyfriend remarked that these look like hamburgers. Personally, I don’t see it but what I do see is masterful chocolate supremacy. Moist from the zucchini, tart from the raspberry sauce and a whole lotta sweetness!
Put down the spaghetti, we’re having pancakes today!